Wednesday, September 8, 2010

An Amazing Opportunity

Last week I started my first day substitute teaching at the San Carlos Primary and Intermediate schools. It was a great day! I was so nervous walking into the school not knowing what I would be doing. It has been a number of years since I worked at the schools. When I found out my assignment for the day I was relieved that I would get work with someone who had taught the curriculum before and had received training! Then I started seeing familiar faces of the children I know and love. It was such a great time to see them and hear how they are doing. One little girl told my fellow teacher I was the person who taught her about Jesus! I was thrilled to know that was the one thing she remembered about me.

Each chance I got to see the kids I have known for years I tried to remind them of how much I love them and that I am there for them because God loves them. I pray that they will be able to tell their friends God loves them too! I hope to get to see many more students and have an impact on them and the faculty as the school year progresses. I am looking forward to Tuesdays and Thursdays when I get to spend time at the San Carlos schools!

His Child - Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment